Applications are now open for the Ishango.ai 2022 Fellowship. from the month of May to July, Ishango.ai will be bringing the program to Accra, Ghana. Successful applicants will be working full time from our hub, hosted at the iSpace in Accra delivering their data science projects and taking the next step in their careers.
Ishango.ai is a fully funded 2 month data science program for the top graduates in computer science and mathematics from across Africa. During the program, Fellows deliver data science projects for international companies under the supervision of a senior data scientist and receive support and training to further build on their technical and soft skills. Emphasis is placed on practical learning and problem solving and Fellows gain real world professional experience.
Past projects have contributed to a diverse set of business solutions within areas of financial services, healthcare, agriculture & marketing for various industry leaders such as World Remit and Philip Morris International. To find out more about the kind of projects you could be working on, please visit our website.
· Gain experience working on projects for leading international companies
· Dedicated support from an experienced Data Science Mentor in Residence
· Opportunity to present your project outputs to a global audience and boost your employment prospects
· Develop practical skills in data science through weekly deep-dive seminars delivered by highly experienced experts from around the world.
· Connect, co-work and learn with talented peers from across Africa during the residential.
· Fully funded programme. There are no fees to participate and you will receive a stipend to assist your living costs during the residential.
Eligibility – Must be a computer science or mathematics graduate and be based in Accra, Ghana.
Deadline – Thursday 10th March 5pm GMT. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline so apply early to secure your place.
Ishango.ai is a member company of the Digital Skills Accelerator Africa e.V.. The company is the bridge between Africa’s top data science talent and global business. They run a fully funded Data Science fellowship for top graduates across Africa, building their technical and professional skills by providing them with real world experience. Ishango.ai fellows work remotely on projects for international companies, building data-driven solutions to various business problems.